When you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, you may be annoyed to see those dark circles staring back at you. Those dark circles could ruin your day. There are some explanations for why you have such stubborn circles. Stress, a lack of sleep, or dehydration can all contribute to this unpleasant problem.
Our skin loses collagen and oil glands as we age, becoming thinner and less elastic. Due to this, dark blood vessels around the eyes become more visible, giving the area a sagged, wrinkled, darker, hollower, and older appearance.
How do we get puffiness under our eyes?
Bags under the eyes develop when the tissue structures and muscles that support your eyelids weaken. The skin may begin to sag, and fat that is normally found around the eyes may migrate into the area beneath your eyes. Also, the space beneath your eyes can collect fluid, giving the area a puffy or swollen appearance, which can happen for a variety of reasons, such as eating too much salt, lying flat in bed, not getting enough sleep, allergies, and monthly hormonal changes.
So, what causes those annoying dark circles?
There could be a variety of causes for these dark circles and puffiness, including the following:
- Lack of adequate sleep
- Sun damage
- Vitamin deficiency.
And what do we do about it?
It is also important to remember that eyelid skin is the thinnest skin in the body, and hence there are increased chances of capillary breakdown, causing increased pigmentation. There are various ways to tackle such dark circles, and it is important to first diagnose the cause of the dark circles. Once the cause is determined then, the appropriate treatment can be initiated. If one is embarrassed about their dark circles, the cheapest way to tackle it is to make lifestyle modifications. There are multiple things you can do to eliminate dark circles under your eyes and prevent them from returning.
- Change your sleeping habits to reduce puffiness. Sleep on your back with one or more pillows elevating your head. This allows fluid accumulation to drain away.
- To keep your face looking young and free of circles, get at least eight hours of sleep per day. The more you sleep, the less stressed you are and, as a result, the less puffiness you will have.
- Control your allergies by taking the appropriate medication. If you are allergic to dust, keep your bedroom as dust-free as possible by using dust covers on mattresses and pillows, and removing or covering upholstered furniture, books, clothes, and papers.
- Make sure you Remove all eye makeup, like eyeliner and mascara, before going to sleep. Any irritant to the eyes can cause them to become watery and puffy.
- Exercising on a daily basis helps circulate blood throughout the body, thus reducing puffiness.
- Apply something that cools the skin around the eyes, such as cucumber slices, potato slices, ice water bags or Lippi’s Crafts bye-bye puffiness to reduce swelling and make them less visible in the morning.
- Consume plenty of green vegetables, fruits, and vitamins in your diet, such as bananas, mangoes, and oranges, as well as spinach, greens, carrots, etc. Also, include plenty of iron in your diet by consuming more whole grains, legumes, eggs, iron supplements, etc.
- Reduce your salt intake to reduce puffiness.
- Cortisol released during stress causes increased blood volume and puffiness. So, make changes to your lifestyle to reduce stress.
- Dehydration causes thin and sagging skin, so ensure you stay hydrated and use a moisturizer regularly.
- Cigarettes and alcohol should be avoided.
- Protect your eyes and face from the sun to look younger for longer. The sun’s ultraviolet light destroys protein in the skin. When you go out, wear sunscreen and a hat.
Are you having trouble getting rid of your dark circles? Eye serums, such as Lippi’s Crafts Bye-Bye Puffiness, are highly recommended because they help to reduce puffiness and dark circles while also fortifying the delicate skin around the eyes. The distinguishing feature of Lippi’s craft is that our products are organic and that we prepare them fresh only after receiving your order.